Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

hi doctor chip I spoke to you back in may about some symptoms

Customer Question

hi doctor chip I spoke to you back in may about some symptoms I was having. you said possible symptoms of low blood sugar. I got my sugar level checked not by a proper blood test taken out of arm but from a pin prick method done at pharmacy. I was shocked when the reading was 8.0 I was especting a low reading because of symptoms. I cant understand why its so high as I hardly eat sweet or fatty food . I eat quite healthy and don't drink a lot of alcohol. so surprised at reading of 8.0 symptoms I told you about are worse in morning and happen on n off during the day but morning is worse. last week ifelt it come on the symtoms was quite bad so I ate a cholate bar and had sugar in tea after about 15mins to half an hour symptoms were a lot less. which is how im confused about 8.0 reading indicating high sugar levels
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
The moderator has been seeking an expert to assist you since Dr. Chip has not responded. However, I also responded in our prior discussion offering to provide any additional assistance. How can we be of assistance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I would like to ask dr chip my question not doctor love many thanks