Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I am passing alot of wind through my back passage recently

Customer Question

I am passing alot of wind through my back passage recently . I am a 41 yr old male in good health generally .
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Do you have any other symp***** *****ke constipation, diarrhea, weight loss, loss of appetite etc? Have you had a colonoscopy so far? Have you tried anything for this excessive gas? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I don't have any of these symptoms . I do have a full feeling in my tummy before I pass wind
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Ok I see, any recent change in diet? Are you overweight? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No not overweight or any recent change in diet
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. There can be many reasons for this excessive gas. The first and most important cause is something in our diet like beverages, vegetables etc. Other causes like colon polyps, intestinal infections causing bacterial over growth in colon can also cause this. The feeling of fullness before you pass wind is due to excessive gas production in your abdomen. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations You can use Over the counter available Gas X. It contains semithicone which helps to break gas bubbles in your intestine. It will help you a lot. Along with this avoid cola drinks, avoid eating large meals (rather eat small meals frequently). Exercise regularly. If symptoms persist then see your GP and ask him for a referral to a gastroenterologist as you may need a colonoscopy to look for problems like colon polyp etc. But if you ask my personal opinion as per your symptoms, nothing sounds serious and gas x will help you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards.