Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

There is pain behind my left ear and earlobe, my left side

Customer Question

There is pain behind my left ear and earlobe, my left side seems to have dropped slightly and my left eye will not close completely. There are no other symptoms, I am unsure whether or not I should wait until tomorrow to see my GP. These symptoms have been present since Friday evening
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--this sounds like Bell's palsy which is a inflammation problem with the facial nerve. That said, it may also be a sign of a stroke. Early treatment with prednisone may hasten the improvement of Bell's, I personally think you need to get to the ER immediately to rule out the stroke with an MRI of the brain.