Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

For the last few months Ive had redish itchy skin on my nose

Customer Question

For the last few months I've had redish itchy skin on my nose and cheek bones. This is accompanied with small yellow blisters or spots.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Can you attach a photo of the area (using the icon on the tool bar that looks like a paper clip)?
Which antiseptic cream have you tried?
Are you taking any chronic medicines?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am unable at present to supply a photo. I will add that it seems to get worse in sun.

Could you provide the other information requested?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Germolene. No chronic medicines.

Thank you for the additional information.

There are several conditions that should be first considered when there is an area of reddened skin such as you describe.

It could be a problem within the skin, such as acne rosacea, or an inflammatory condition, such as seborrhoeic dermatitis. It is also possible that this could be a skin manifestation of a systemic illness. For example lupus, an autoimmune disorder, can cause a red rash in this area.

Ultimately, it would require a proper examination to determine the exact cause. However, it is reasonable to use interventions that will try to diminish the germs in the skin until you can be seen. If the Germolene is not providing any benefit, then it would be reasonable to use an antibacterial face wash. It also may help to use Retin-A, although the Retin-A may cause a worsening of the redness initially and then a gradual improvement.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.