Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

hi doctor chip I had a blood glucose test done byr taking blood

hi doctor chip I had a blood glucose test done byr taking blood from arm. it has come back normal. I neither have high blood sugar or low. the test was done Tuesday morning 30/7/2014. my thyroid was tested 2 weeks ago also normal. so im abit stumped on what else would be the cause of my symptoms. shaky pulpatations feelings ofc light headedness and feeling like im going to pass out.my recent full blood test was normal on blood count. chorlestrol level was good.liver function . kidney function all good. so im at a loss really to know what else it could possibly be. as recent bloods all show normal
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How long has this been going on and how often does this happen? How long do the episodes last?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it has been happening since may after 3 months of coming of a high dose of premique hrt. im now on a low dose. and this all started happening 3 to 4months after I came off hugh dose. before then I was fine. it happens at diff times of the day . not allways shaky pulpations but definitely feeling light headed like im going to pass out.some days are worse episodes than other days. ive got this hissing in my ears and feel unbalanced sometimes aswell .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Rita--have you had a full cardiac workup for this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no nothing cardiac done well back in april had 4 types of blood count done as I had some pain in muscle at top of chest I also had a ecg done it was all normal said it was nothing to do with my heart. sorry it wasn't april it was may .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Rita. This could still be from the drop in the dosage of the primique and I would check your estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, LH, and FSH levels to check about that. That said, this could be a problem with low magnesium levels or low vitamin D levels. Finally it could be a cardiac arrhythmia problem like paroxysmal atrial tachycardia and I would have you wear a Holter monitor and get an echocardiogram to look for that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would it be a separate test for estrogen levels and others u mentioned as im sure that would have all shown up in full blood I had done in march .also how does magnesium lovw vitamin d levels get checked. and would I get the holter monitor from gp. as im not sure they would send me for those cardiac tests .I can allways try .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Those hormone levels aren't usually part of a standard set of blood tests Rita. The vitamin D and magnesium levels are simple blood tests. You would need to see a cardiologist for the Holter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you for that . the blood tests for estrogen levels and others u mention I proberly wont have trouble getting done.ill ask about magnesium level vitamin d level blood test.getting referred to a cardiologist will be the hard part .its taken me 4 months to be referred to see a ent specialist.so do you think theses symptoms may be the result of a inner ear problem sinus problem as I get a lot of hissing in my ears .and I hope its not a heart problem. going on lower hrt possibly but im not sure it would cause these symptoms surely palpitations sweats. shaky .feeling of wanting to pass out

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It probably isn't cardiac Rita but I can't be certain about that. Doesn't sound like inner ear or sinus. Let me know how it goes for you and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok I think the best thing for me to do is go back to gp and tell them . that my symptoms some days escalate and see what tests they want to do.i didn't go back before as I wanted to see if it a blood sugar problem or a thyroid problem and its neither of those. as I been tested in last 2 weeks for both of those . I will let you know what gp recommends or what tests they decide to do when I next visit . its just really strange when I came of hrt for 2 years I felt awfull all the time . when I went back on hrt after 3 months I felt brilliant. now im on lower dose im feeling rotten again I just hope its only my hrt causing it and nothing else more seriouse. like heart problems.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It well could be hormonal and HRT Rita--keep in touch and let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well ive got my fingers crossed it is hormonal. just a thought would it be hormonal if when tested a year ago it showed I was coming out of menopause sorry this is my last question.but I feel better on high dosage hrt

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'd put you back on the higher dose Rita--if that resolves it all, we have an answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think ill request that only trouble is it takes 2 to 3months of takin it before ill feel a difference worth the wait I say

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Give it a try
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok many thanks again for your help ill keep in touch to let you know how its all going

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Be sure to do that Rita and don't forget to rate my service to you