Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a mark on that looks like a blister that has

I have a mark on breast that looks like a blister that has been there for a few months now, its not painful and not weeping but when I rub it goes red and bruised. I have seen some doctors about this and do not think its anything to worrt about but what could it be and how can I treat it?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Dr Basu :

Hi there, This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Dr Basu :

when you sat a blister, does it drain any fluid with rubbing?

Customer:

Not really no it doesn't burst it just looks like it and have rubbed it and has gone red like I have caused bruising

Dr Basu :

how big is the area?

Dr Basu :

do you have similar spot anywhere else?

Customer:

Its only about 1cm and no other spots like this anywhere else

Dr Basu :

do yo remember how it appeared --any trauma?

Customer:

Do you think its nothing to be concerned about?

Dr Basu :

So far, it is not concerning at all.

Dr Basu :

Sounds like a abnormal blood capillary

Dr Basu :

this can sometimes give similar appearance.

Customer:

No not really I do wear a bra and it's to the right of my breasr but nowhere where it rubs but I haven't touched it for a month thinking it would go but still there

Dr Basu :

ok

Dr Basu :

usually it will take longer time like 3-4 months without any further rubbing.

Dr Basu :

Prescription cream Tretinoin 0.05% can be tried daily for 8 weeks.

Dr Basu :

you can use a cosmetic make up to cover up the area for now.

Customer:

Do you think its scarring as I had previous trauma to that area about 2 years ago after doing a hike and shoulder strap from bag rubbed and was a blood blister same shape and size?

Dr Basu :

did it form scar that time?

Customer:

No I didn't notice but my breasts are quite big so I have to move it over to have a look. I habe betnovate cream shall I try that?

Dr Basu :

Betnovate will not help --in fact may make it worse by thinning the skin.

Dr Basu :

Tretinoin cream will be better.

Customer:

Ok I will ask gp to prescribe of not can I get anything over counter? Its definitely nothing to worry about?

Dr Basu :

definitely nothing to worry about.

Dr Basu :

I can even confirm if you post a picture here if possible.

Customer:

I am having difficulties attaching as on my phone

Dr Basu :

oh ok

Dr Basu :

you can post in this website and then post the url here:

Dr Basu :

www.tinypic.com

Customer:

If I post on website other people will see that's my worry

Dr Basu :

if you password ***** it, nobody should see it.

Dr Basu :

like make it private only.

Dr Basu :

or you can try to locate the paperclip sign in your chat window to upload photo.

Dr Basu :

last option, is to forward pic through the customer service.

Dr Basu :

Now coming to a natural remedy, you can try following over the counter creams:

Dr Basu :

Arnica gel and Alfa hydroxy acid cream can be applied together twice daily.

Dr Basu :

Also take vitamin C and vitamin k daily which will help with bruise.

Customer:

Thank you have you an e mail address and can send you image now

Dr Basu :

I am not supposed to share my email address as per website policy --that is why i suggested the acceptable options above :)

Customer:

Ok thats fine I cannot attach image via this chat for some reason as its asking me for url but image on my gallery on phone but now looks like a big red spot

Dr Basu :

That still means what I suggested above --a prominent blood vessel under the skin also known as ecchymotic spot

Customer:

Thank you for your advice very much appreciated. If it were cancerous would it be bigger and painful?

Customer:

It is also raised a bit like a blister and that would still be normal for this condition?

Dr Basu :

cancerous condition will spread rapidly an will cause lumps inside your breast

Dr Basu :

Ans also armpit glands would have been bigger.

Dr Basu :

Do not worry.

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** was not always red just a raised area and only went red when I rubbed it so this is what you explained?

Dr Basu :

Yes that is common due to the increased blood flow from rubbing.

Customer:

Ok I need to go now but thanks alot for advice

Dr Basu :

very welcome

Dr Basu :

It was my pleasure to help you today.
I am Dr Basu experienced in Skin Diseases.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD