Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

i think i have a bit of tinnitus through my job so i have constant

i think i have a bit of tinnitus through my job so i have constant ringing in my ears,i am a self employed alarm fitter and 65 years old.in general very good health,for 5days now i have had amuzzy quiet servere head ace at the back of my head, and it is causing me concern,any advice would be welcome.thanks
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Were any investigations obtained to see for the cause? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition? Are there associated symptoms like reduced hearing or pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have a bit of blood presure,135 over98. iwas taking amlodiine 10mg.but i have stopped taking it because of the side effects i do have a very healthy livestyle so i thought i would try and control my bp for a while.my hearing is slightly reduced but mainly through the ringing in my ears.the headace is worse when i lie down for more than 20mins

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay, I was in an emergency. I can understand your anxiety.
We need to consider few causes. These symptoms can be due to otosclerosis { stiffening of small bones of the ear }/ related to age/ exposure to loud noise/ ear wax problem/ Meniere's disease/ stress/ Acoustic neuroma/ high blood pressure/ atherosclerosis/ vascular malformations or medicines like antibiotics { chloramphenicol, erythromycin, tetracycline, vancomycin and bleomycin }/ quinine/ diuretics.
I would get a physical check up by an ENT doctor along with few investigations like blood tests/ CT for temporal bones and MRI for Brain to clinch the diagnosis. Treatment will follow.
Till than cover up the noise { in a quiet setting, a fan, soft music or low-volume radio static may help mask the noise from tinnitus }/ manage stress { yoga, meditation does help }/ avoid alcohol and smoking/ Acupuncture, Hypnosis, The herb ginkgo, Zinc supplements may help/ counseling and joining support groups is advisable.
Wish you well.
Good Luck
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

took too long to respond, the answers were to general, which is suppose is the norm for this service my view SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry that you were not happy with my answer.
I tried to give a detailed explanation possible for me online {without in person examination}. I would be happy to explain any particular query in details.