Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

severe lower abdominal pain and the odd ache deep in

severe lower abdominal pain and the odd vaginal ache deep in the vagina, with kidney pain on right side, could pains be linked and what uis it?? abdominal pain is getting worse
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

Since when have you started experiencing the pain?

Dr Uzair :

Please enter chat and use reply to respond.

Customer:

around 3 weeks ago i started with a dull ache in lower abdoman, but past two days it has got worse

Dr Uzair :

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being extreme pain and 1 being no pain, where would you place your pain?

Customer:

5 whilst sitting but a 6/7 when walking

Dr Uzair :

Alright, are you sexually active?

Customer:

yes

Dr Uzair :

Nausea and or vomiting? Burning urination or increase in frequency of urination?

Customer:

none

Dr Uzair :

Is the pain cramping?

Customer:

no its a constant ache like a headache but in my lower abdoman

Dr Uzair :

Okay, when did you have your last periods?

Customer:

3 and half weeks ago

Customer:

they are extremely heavy and painful always have been but have been worse for the past 6 months or so

Dr Uzair :

Did you have sexual intercourse within the past 3 and a half weeks and was it protected or unprotected?

Customer:

yes i have a partner so it is regular sex

Dr Uzair :

From your description of the symptoms and the history, it is prudent that you get this seen by a physician and get an ultrasound of the pelvis done.

Customer:

why?

Dr Uzair :

These signs are usually seen in fibroid of the uterus but an ectopic pregnancy should be ruled out.

Customer:

okay, what is fibroid of the usterus is it serious?

Customer:

uterus*

Dr Uzair :

No, it is not a serious in its entirety but can cause symptoms that often warrant ER visits and worry.

Customer:

could it be linked to my heavy painful periods?

Dr Uzair :

yes, it very well could be.

Dr Uzair :

In fact, poly menorrhea is a constant feature of Fibroids.

Customer:

okj, and is it normal for pain whilst walking or standing with such condition or the ectopic pregnancy?

Customer:

and poly menorrhea is painful periods?

Dr Uzair :

Ectopic pregnancy is something that has similar symptoms and sexually active individuals should have it ruled out in the event of these symptoms, since that warrants immediate attention.

Dr Uzair :

Polymenorrhea means heavy or prolonged periods with or without pain.

Customer:

yes ok thank you. are clots the size of golf balls normal during a period with some one who might be suffering fibroids of the uterus

Dr Uzair :

Yes, they are.

Dr Uzair :

This is a working diagnosis and needs confirmation on ultrasound or further tests.

Customer:

i do not go to the doctors ever for anything i suffer in silence usually, would these symptoms not pass on their own?

Dr Uzair :

Not going to a doctor can lead to sinister outcomes in this case, so it is best that you consult a Doctor for this since, that is the best course of action. If the symptoms are due to an ectopic pregnancy they will get worse and fibroids in your age group should be treated effectively or they can cause complications.

Customer:

compications such as?

Customer:

i have a phobia of going to the doctors

Dr Uzair :

Increase in size, rupturing the wall of the uterus, bleeding inside themselves, infertility etc.

Dr Uzair :

There is always a fear among people of going to the doctors but you can take with you, your partner or someone you trust as a chaperone.

Customer:

i have twins so infertility is not a problem, but of course its serious an the other outcomes sound scary. theres no way it could just be something trivial and will go away on its own?

Dr Uzair :

There is always that possibility. Since symptoms often mimic each other and that is why physical examination and imaging modalities are used to confirm diagnoses, but judging from the obvious, your symptoms seem to be increasing and it will not be wise to let your fear of doctors or going to the hospital prevent you from seeking medical attention and help at the right time.

Customer:

since talking the pain has switched to the deepest part of my vagna again, thats what it keeps doing its either there or my lower abdoman or my sides

Customer:

its constant though

Customer:

vagina*

Dr Uzair :

The pelvis is connected to the vagina and the pain travels along the lower abdomen (area of the uterus) and the vagina since it connects to the uterus in its deepest part.

Customer:

okay, its not a sexual infection then? as my vaginal discharge is normal no scent an no itching

Customer:

i dont know sorry to keeop you for so long

Customer:

keep

Dr Uzair :

It doesn't sound like a sexually transmitted infection (STI).

Dr Uzair :

I would keep an STI at the lower end of the differentials list.

Customer:

thats great so i dont need to bend my partners ear

Customer:

sp fibroids or ectopic pregnancy sounds the most likely

Customer:

soi

Dr Uzair :

Haha, no, I don't think so.

Customer:

lucky him haha

Dr Uzair :

They are the most likely given the symptoms and if I were your doctor, I would be at peace only after ruling these two out.

Customer:

okay thank you

Dr Uzair :

It was a pleasure to help.

Dr Uzair :

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Dr Uzair :

Feel better soon and best wishes.

Customer:

i will do and thank you

Dr Uzair :

Sorry about that, I had the rating disabled, please try again.

Customer:

no problem

Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.