Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I am female and 57 . whilst looking in my mouth with a torch

I am female and 57 . whilst looking in my mouth with a torch to try and locate an ulcer where i had burnt my throat from hot food I noticed a tiny white spot in between folds next to tonsil . i don.t know how long its been there because without the torch you wouldnt notice it . i have tried to reach it but gagging reflux kicks in. it doesnt hurt and its not bleeding or anything. i have not got a sore throat.I have simply happened across it and now i am wondering what it is .
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist and can help you. Before I answer, I would like to know that do you have symptoms like bad breath from mouth, recurrent sore throats, change in voice, nasal bleeding, ear blockade etc? Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no none of these well i do have problems sometimes with blocked ears and use olive oil

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Jill thanks a lot for your input. I am really sorry to hear that you are stressed because of that white spot. I would like to reassure you that it is not abnormal. Our tonsils have crypts in them and they keep trapping the unhealthy particles we eat. As a result of that the debris collect in those crypts and they can show up like a white spot. So please don't stress yourself. It is not related to anything serious. Just use Listerine mouth wash twice daily as a routine and it will go away. Even if doesn't go away, you don't need to be stressed for that. I wish you a happy and healthy life. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards