DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I like know something last Monday I got a bite on my arm

Customer Question

Hi I like know something last Monday I got a bite on my arm and it was all hoe red and swollen the next day it did improve by Wednesday a bit but now it has started to get painful again and can feel the little lump on my arm where I got bit is it safe to leave it I did go my gp he said was infected that was Tuesday gave me antib but not working very well should I worry
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It really depends on which antibiotic
What antibiotic were you given?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got Flucillin 500mg at one a day four times
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This should be good
You should see improvement within 4 days, if not, then there might be an abscess that needs to be drained, with the sample sent to the lab.
I would continue the antibiotic and do hot compresses.
At day 4 talk to your doctor if you are not seeing definite improvement.
Or if you think it is getting worse, talk to your doctor sooner.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
thanks
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.