Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Can you give me a cure for a weeping coccyx

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

the coccyx area is low down in the sacral buttock area.

Dr. David :

this area can weep if there is a decubitus ulcer there

Dr. David :

decubitus ulcers there form over time, many many weeks to months of laying too much of your sacrum band back area and lack of muscles and lack of healing of the region.

Dr. David :

the cure for decubitus ulcers there takes many steps and treatments including you no laying on the area as much as you can. you have to try to sleep on your side as much as you can.

Dr. David :

you also need a wound care nurse to protect the area with dressings like thick duoderm dressings and use special wound care creams like silvadine ointment and medihoney ointment to help promote healing

Dr. David :

also you need to increase your protein and natural vitamin C intake to help heal the area.

Dr. David :

cortisone cream by itself is not enough to heal a weeping decubitus ulcer on the coccyx.

Dr. David :

you need to see your GP doctor about the area and get the wound there evaluated.

Dr. David :

hello?

Dr. David :

do you have questions?

JACUSTOMER-jzbyxwi9- :

Yes, I have had this problem for several years and although I shower ever day it will go and it seems that for no reason at all it will start again and will weeping badly. Will it ever go completely?

Dr. David :

it will go away but you have to seek a doctor and evaluation of the area .

Dr. David :

it could be from a fungal infection in the glutteal area.

Dr. David :

it could be from a debubitus wound.

Dr. David :

I can't see the area to evaluate it.

Dr. David :

you have to see a doctor

JACUSTOMER-jzbyxwi9- :

I have used the cortisone cream but it still returns. ONE DOCTOR told me that it was a fungal infection, does that mean it will never go ,he was the one who gave me the cortisone.

Dr. David :

no, you need to use fungal creams and powders on the area to kill the fungal infection.

Dr. David :

cortisone will not kill fungal infection.

Dr. David :

you have to keep the area dry with baby powder

JACUSTOMER-jzbyxwi9- :

What will?

Dr. David :

and there are prescription any fungal powders like nystatin powder which can help if used 3-4 times a day for 3-4 weeks.

Dr. David :

also there are antifungal creams like clotrimazole cream 1% which can help kill fungus as well.

Dr. David :

some of these might be prescription, some may be over the counter.

JACUSTOMER-jzbyxwi9- :

Can it be cured completely?

JACUSTOMER-jzbyxwi9- :

Please could you give me a reply.

JACUSTOMER-jzbyxwi9- :

I am still awaiting a reply to my last question please

JACUSTOMER-jzbyxwi9- :

All I am asking is can it be cured completely.

JACUSTOMER-jzbyxwi9- :

If you are not replying please refund the payment, thank you. That question would have bee the most important question for me to receive an answer to.

Dr. David :

yes, fungal infections can be cured completely.

Dr. David :

you have to continue to use antifungal creams and powders for several weeks everyday for 3-6 weeks.

Dr. David :

and use the fungal creams and powders for 1-2 weeks even after the itching and the weeping is gone.

Dr. David :

there are also strong antifungal pills which can be used as well like diflucan (fluconizole) pills which can kill fungal infections all over your body.

Dr. David :

so there are many ways to kill fungal infections and they can be completely killed when treated properly.

Dr. David :

sorry about the delay. I was seeing a patient.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

JACUSTOMER-jzbyxwi9- :

Thank you for the reply. Sorry about the refund claim it will no longer apply.

Dr. David :

thanks for the positive feedback

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com