DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

to the doctor 6 years ago a lad threw a tennis ball and hit

to the doctor 6 years ago a lad threw a tennis ball and hit me in the spine and I'm still in and out of pain down my right side, Also I had a part hysterectomy in 2003 and I get occasional twinges of pain there as well. If I do to much I can tell my right side partially paralyses and also tingles trying to get better and more feeling again coming back. I'm a chef and I do a lot of lifting which I believe helps me and I'm in and out of pain at the same time. I also do gentle stretching which helps to relieve the pain as well and I use voltarol gel which helps a little. I've never smoked and I'm tea total I don't drink alcohol, can you help me do more to get it better please from pat sampson.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You have not really asked a question, but I assume you want to know what to do
Have you had an MRI of the spine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I had 2 xrays both showed no actual cracks in my spine, and it did take me 3 months to finally walk with out a stick, I walk like I'm okay but I'm in and out of pain occasionally, usually if I lift incorrectly only and things like that.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
X rays do not show damage to disc, nerve or ligament.
See an MD called a specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
They are easy to find.
You need an MRI to look at the other structures of the spine, and then the correct manual medicine to fix whatever the problem is.
This doctor will be able to give you traction, physical therapy, home exercises, depending on what the findings are.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry I forgot to say I've never been pregnant, never had an abortion or any thing like this. What difference can this make and at my age of 51 thank ypu.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
That has nothing to do with it.
It makes no difference to this situation.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
thanks

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.