Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

hi I had a blood test done for blood cancers and that was last

Customer Question

hi I had a blood test done for blood cancers and that was last Thursday , they just called and asked me to come in for a pet scan would they have the blood results back
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--we can continue after this but if your question was whether the results could be back that soon, yes they could. I would assume your blood work indicated you might have a problem like lymphoma and the PET scan would be to look for enlarged lymph nodes, especially in your chest and abdomen
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
no, not necessarily
Especially if these are tests for tumor markers
These often take several days or a couple weeks
Also tests on specific subsets of lymphocytes take a long time too.
So I would say probably not
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi again. Since they called you to get the PET scan, unless they had discussed that with you before, I'd assume the reports of the tests were back.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.

Hi again--according to these links the lab results could well have been back within a day or twohttp://www.cancercenter.com/southeastern/medical-departments/laboratory-medicine/

http://www.uams.edu/clinlab/flow.htm