Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I recently noticed a lump in my abdomen right hand side, and

I recently noticed a lump in my abdomen right hand side, and a bit of stomach discomfort.. I have actualy just visited my GP and he examined me and said that the lump im feeling is the top of the liver??.. I do not understand this, this makes no sense at all, he asked me a few questions about my periods, bowels etc and said see how I go and to come back if the pain gets worse..any ideas?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still need assistance

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Have you had any tests done?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I visited my gp who said what I was feeling was the top part of my liver??..the pain is more under the rib cage.. mainly to the right I do find that if I have been pressing around the lump I get mild pain on that side just below the right breast..he didnt think it was worrisome.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Actually its not possible to feel the top part of the liver.
We can only feel the lower part of your liver on examination.
I think that if you still have pain you should have an ultrasound of your abdomen/liver done to make sure its normal and to rule out causes such as gallstones that may be causing the pain that you are having.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Rate me for my services when you are done asking.
Kindest Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay the pain isnt constant just occasionally through out the day... so do you think that this could be serious..its mild pain

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
No not serious at all.
But I would still like that you should have an ultrasound to be sure.
Please do rate me for my services before we proceed.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I have answered your question above.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Rate me for my services when you are done.
Kindest Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay understandable I will pursue with an ultrasound.. I can only describe this as a stitch like pain that radiates down from the rib cageto the top of the lower abdomen on the right side..even thoufh im not in toomuch pain iv been having some bouts of lower back pain and pain around the mid section of my back.. mild pain.. I cant get an aappointment with my gp for 2 weeks which is stressing me slightly

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I understand that you are in a lot of stress because of this.
I would appreciate it if you rate me for my services as that is the only way I am credited here on this website.
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ihave just rated...Okay understandable I will pursue with an ultrasound.. I can only describe this as a stitch like pain that radiates down from the rib cageto the top of the lower abdomen on the right side..even thoufh im not in toomuch pain iv been having some bouts of lower back pain and pain around the mid section of my back.. mild pain.. I cant get an aappointment with my gp for 2 weeks which is stressing me slightly