Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am 65 have been fairly healthy and active until a few weeks

Customer Question

I am 65 have been fairly healthy and active until a few weeks ago I started to feel tired and unable to attend my aerobic and zumba classes. At first I put it down to the unusual hot weather but its been a lot cooler now and yet I still have this same tired feelingand also a bit of pain in my left leg
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Do you have swelling in left leg? Redness?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you have cramps in legs at night?
Are you dizzy throughout the day?
Have you got checked your blood pressure levels?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No no sign of swelling No cramp at night although the leg can be painful Ive no medical condition but have been taking pain killers for the leg I sometime get a bit dizzy and sort of stagger but it last very shortly

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Well, the most common cause, for such symptoms is low calcium or imbalance in electrolyte levels.
Also, vitamin deficiency or peripheral neuropathy may cause such symptoms.
You should take plenty of vegetables, fruits, water and electrolyte solutions. Also you should take vitamin B complex supplements.
You should gently stretch your leg and move your foot towards your knee, until you feel the calf muscles stretch. Also you should formulate an exercise routine and ensure that you build on it gradually.You should avoid alcohol.
Practice yoga and mediation to remain relax. Take adequate sleep of minimum 8 hours daily.
Take healthy and well balanced diet. Depression and stress issue can lead to fatigue and loss of energy.
In case, symptoms doesn't start to improve in 1-2 weeks, You will be requiring few tests for exact diagnosis. These are-
-Complete blood count,
-Electrolyte level,
-Thyroid function test,
-Measurement of vitamin levels,
-Blood sugar tests.
Also Electromyography test and MRI of spine may be considered.
I hope this helps.
Good luck and Take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is electroylye I( did do a lot if exercise before this started and I do not drink alcahol

Dear Customer,
Electrolytes are water-soluble charged minerals.
Electrolytes exist in the form of calcium, chlorine, magnesium, phosphate, potassium, and sodium that can be obtained from fluids, supplements, and foods.
After heavy exercise, electrolyte levels, can be declined, and can cause such symptoms.
You should eat a diet rich in potassium, such as bananas.
Take plenty of vegetables, fruits, water and electrolyte solutions. Also you should take vitamin B complex supplements.
Most likely, you would be free from symptoms in 1-2 weeks.
Good luck and Take care.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really am sorry but I do most of the things you describe As stated I done plenty of exersise I always eat healthy including bananas I really havent taken anything from your reply

Dear,
I would opt out and send your question, to other professional for further follow up.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--first off can I ask if you have any medical conditions or take any medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Ive already explained all this I was perfectly healthy doing Zumba and active age aerobics I eat plenty of fruit walk my dog drink water etc. About 3/4 weeks ago I started to feel more tired and unable to continue the lifestyle I had I put it down to the extreme hot weather we had at the time but its been cooler for over a week now. The tiredness continues and pains in my left leg I do not drink alcahol, have never smoked I do enjoy some chocolate and sweets things but not to indulgence I

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--have you seen your doctor about this?