Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am on holiday in Portugal and came down with food poisoning

I am on holiday in Portugal and came down with food poisoning on Saturday, I had no sickness, only diarrhoea and cramps, aches and shivering. Everything has passed now and I feel well in myself, no cramps, no fever, no aches and I feel hungry but I still have diarrhoea every 4-5 hours and it's green with small amounts of blood in it. Do i need to see a doctor or is this normal for food poisoning?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
At this point you should see a doctor to make sure it isn't anything more serious like c diff.
C diff is a gut infection that can cause severe diarrhea and bleeding/cramps.
I would get this checked for sure.
If c diff is negative then you are probably fine
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)