DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, i have taken T5 supplement pills within the last month.

Hi, i have taken T5 supplement pills within the last month. However, i have a pre-employment urine and hair drug test this week. They were bought off amazon.co.uk with the best intentions to help lose weight for my medical for the job but im now worried they have things in them that may make me fail the test and as a result be rejected from the job.
I'm from the U.K. As far as i'm aware the ingredients are legal and I have searched high and low for a definitive answer because I've never consciously taken anything illegal and am now very worried I have taken pills that will make me fail a drug test.
Can you help please?
the ingredients are:
L-tyrosine 200mg
Caffeine 180mg
Naringin 50mg
L-tryptophan 35mg
Citrus auranthium 30mg
Green tea extract 30mg
Magnesium stearate,
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride 1.4mg
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.
There is nothing listed that is going to make you fail a drug test.
Standard tests look for opiates, marijuana, benzodiazapines, PCP, methamphetamine, amphetamine....
There is nothing in your pill that has been shown to even create a false positive.
And even if it did, confirmatory testing would show that you do not have the drug in your system.
I would not be concerned.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your speedy reply.

It is probably just me being paranoid. I will declare that i have taken these pills before the sample is taken and that will cover me even further i'd imagine.

I was just worried as previous versions of this brand had apparently contained ephedrine which is apparently banned and classed as an amphetamine (correct me if i'm wrong). I thought that this revised recipe may have something very similar and show up as a positive. You have taken a load off my mind and i really appreciate that. thank you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
There is no ephedrine listed.
And even if it were there, now days the GC/MS confirmatory testing would show that this is from your supplement, ephedrine, not amphetamine.
You are welcome anytime.
Any questions.