Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

im taking xl fat buster tablets in conjuction with dieting

im taking xl fat buster tablets in conjuction with dieting does the tablet contain a diuretic
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
I cannot find a product in the UK called "XL Fat Buster".
I can find a product called XLS Fat Binder and another product from Nature's Way called Fat Buster.
Are either of these products what you are taking? Or are you taking a different product?
If a different product, what is the manufacturer?
I had asked for some clarification and have not heard back, so will provide what information can be said at this point.

To be able to provide a definite answer, it would be necessary to be clear what product you are taking. The two products that I referenced above do not contain a diuretic, but if you are taking a product other than these two products, I would need to look up that product.

However, I also wanted to note that any method that is done to lose weight may have a diuretic effect, even though a diuretic may not be taken. Even if you simply follow a calorie restricted diet along with performing regular exercise, the metabolic changes in the body will lead to a diuretic effect. As a result of this, much of the initial weight loss with any weight loss process is actually the loss of water weight. There will also be some loss of fat weight, but a large portion of early weight loss in any weight loss method will be water weight. And when the weight loss program is more aggressive, the percentage of initial weight loss that is due to loss of water is greater.

So, even though there is no diuretic in either of these products, if you use one of these products, along with a proper diet and exercise program, and then lose weight, there will also be a diuretic effect.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.