DrHelen
DrHelen, Doctor
Experience:  UK Family doctor with special interest in Palliative Medicine
74902962

My partner sleep s. Between ten and 12 hours a night and he

My partner sleep s. Between ten and 12 hours a night and he works is he sleeping to much
Expert:  DrHelen replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr Helen, a UK doctor.
I think there are 2 different answers to your question. If your partner has always slept for 10 to 12 hours a night all his adult life then this is probably normal for him. People can vary enormously in how much sleep they need each night.
However, my other answer would be that if this is a new thing for him he should see his GP for some tests to be carried out to find the underlying cause.
For example, an underactive thyroid gland or anaemia can make a person very tired and feel the need to sleep more. These can be checked for by a simple blood test.
Depression and low mood can also make a person feel the need to sleep more and I notice you say he often has "moods" so it may be a problem along these lines. Again, this can be diagnosed, and treated, by the GP.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes.
I joined JustAnswer in June 2013 and am a UK doctor. I have been qualified for 24 years and have widespread experience in GP and cancer care.
Expert:  DrHelen replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks for your high rating, it is much appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very satisfied left rate already