Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Im on antibiotics for pyelonephritis . They are working very

I'm on antibiotics for pyelonephritis . They are working very well. But I still have sore ear and throat. Feels like something stuck in throat. Left side ear , throat and bone under eye very sore. Head feels very hot. I keep taking paracetamol to try and keep temperature down. Feeling so tired. Mouth very dry. Feet frozen. Could you enlighten me on what you think please.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Since how long you are on these antibiotics? Do you have symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat, acid taste in mouth etc? How high your temperature goes? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Temp 37. 4. Acid taste in mouth. Left side of face feels like there's fluid in it. On these antibiotics a week today. I have another week to take. I've been complaining with ear and throat about 5 weeks.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Have you seen an ENT and does your doctor know that you have probably an ongoing sinus infection as well? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I'll being seeing GP tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Helen thanks for your reply. I am going to give you an answer. Please wait for ten minutes..
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Helen thanks a lot for waiting. The symptoms you are having are related to sinus infection involving your ears and throat. The antibiotics you are on usually work for such infections but you should see a ENT as well. The area below the eye is called maxillary sinus and you are having the infection in that sinus. The feeling of something struck in throat can be because of acid reflux from your throat or it can be due to direct spread of infection from your sinuses. The persistence of temperature means that your symptoms need be reviewed and I would suggest you to ask your GP to consult an ENT specialist and nephrologist for you. Lastly I do have suggestions that what you can do yourself to ease yourself. Take two panadol tablets three times a day, take steam inhalation with menthol drops in it, take over the counter available cap omeprazole 40mg once daily to help the acid taste in your mouth and lastly you can use OTC xylometazoline nasal spray two puffs thrice daily for 5 days. All this will hep your throat, ear and sinus symptoms. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Helen thanks a lot for your rating. I am an ENT specialist myself, please feel free to contact me any time. You can contact me at this link.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Please remember to mention, For only and only Dr Hasan, in the beginning of your question.