Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hello, I would like to ask the following question. What

I would like to ask the following question. What is the name and the procedure to follow when you may have caught a disease which changes the shape of your skull, it enlarges of swells on either side, and if left untreated leaves a flat spot on the forehead, from which i heard there is a discharge??? The skull changes shape and there is the possibility of brain damage, due to the skull changing shape. I have heard of this disease and at the moment i think my skull may be changing shape slightly, i would like to know what disease i am meant to be looking for, rather than receive a late diagnosis, as i wont know until that takes place. What is it called?
Chris
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Have you heard of this disease or you yourself have all these symptoms? Do you have any other symp***** *****ke forehead pain, pain on pressing that area of swelling, nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat etc? I am Head and Neck surgeon and can assist you. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I have had the feeling that there have been bone swelling under the eye brows, and I think the forehead may also be swollen on either side, and creating a flatter spot in the middle. I have actually heard that someone would like me to have this disease, so I have to look out for it. That is why i want to know what it is called. I heard that it is treatable, but you should catch it early on. I also heard it is not treatable. Either way, i know that it exists as a disease and that is why i want to know what it is called. It is an illness or disease. I have had blocked sinus. There is some pain when i trap the sinus. That could be from a bad stomach, but mostly I am worried about the forehead and skull, which changes shape and gives it bum like look. Do you know what i am talking about?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Yes there is a disease which can present like this. Does this swelling reduces itself and they regrows? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its difficult to say, i would say yes. Particularly on the eyebrows. I was wondering how much this would cost as its been going on for a few days? Sometimes beneath the eyebrows hurt, and sometimes not. I have been taking herbs extra such as curcumin to reduce inflamation of my joints at the same time. Because if i dont they can start to click. At present there is a pain in my legs above the knees. I havent taken curcumin in a 2 days. I will start again now. Generally i have been worried about the shape of my skull and i have been thinking that it could be changing a bit. If you were to present me with some name of the deseases i could continue reading up, and we could close this matter without spending alot of money. I am rather stuck for money at the moment. Otherwise if we are to continue with small questions what more would i get out of it. I realise it has taken some time to reply. I have been pre-occupied. Sorry

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Chris thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. Actually I am also sorry for the delay but it is matter of health and without enough information, it sounds unsafe to diagnose someone. What you have described is related to sinuses. The sinus which is above the eye is called frontal sinus. The pain there is due to infection of the frontal sinus and the change in shape of skull at this location is due to a condition called frontoethmoidal mucocele. This condition causes a swelling either at corner of eye (on nasal side) or above the eye and this swelling can increases and decreases according to extent of blockade of the sinus opening. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can use over the counter available xylometazoline nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for seven days and take steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily. Moreover you should see an ENT surgeon and should get CT scan of your sinuses. If it confirms the problem, he can open up the duct and can drain the frontoethmoidal mucocele. I am again sorry for the delay. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That gives me some information to look up, but there has been no mention of the swelling on either side of the skull which eventually gives it a "bum" like shape. If you cant give me a diagnosis, then please give me a list of possible deseases so that i can look up each one and be on the look out. I wrote about that illness in my first email to you, and i havent had a response. I realise that this site is not for diagnosis, but is for information and that is what i want. So please tell me the names of some possibillites, where the skull swells on either side, leading to a flat spot, which eventually will have something leaking out of it.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. You must read about frontoethmoidal mucocele and multiple myeloma. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have seen a picture on google which looks similar to my sympotoms of someone who has had surgery, i can notice the difference in the size of my eyes. it could be that desease, what should i do? But i am have also been thinking about the top of my forehead, where as you have been talking about the sinus.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your input. You can try using my suggestions. You should see an ENT doctor and get CT scan of your head and sinuses. The further treatment will depend on the report of the ct scan. But it is not as serious as you are thinking. Just get it treated and you will be fine after the treatment is done. Please don't stress yourself. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery