Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had back pain on and off for a few years in the same

I have had back pain on and off for a few years in the same spot on my lower back (left hand side) This has progressively got worse and now I am in pain daily (always the same lower back side)
If I raise my right leg it makes my lower left hand back twinge with pain. It is very uncomfortable
I have not injured it. I am 27 female
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. As per symptoms your back pain is due to some nerve compression in your spine. This can be related to bulging disc. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you must try over the counter available tab aleve twice daily, apply hating pad to the affected area thrice daily and massage the area with over the counter available Bengay gel twice daily. If symptoms persist see your doctor and get back xray. You may need physical therapy but don't stress yourself. This is not something you have to live with. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards