Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have quite a bad case of athletes foot and my lymth gland

I have quite a bad case of athletes foot and my lymth gland in my groin is swollen
Are they linked?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you describe what's going on with your foot?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Between my little toe I have swelling and blistered, the right side top and bottom has swollen, it itches and I have red spots all over the top and sides of my foot. I also have a little dose of dermatitis on my hands which I do get occasionally
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mark. Yes, the two are probably related and although you may have athlete's foot, it sounds like you've also developed cellulitis of the area and that bacterial infection is being drained by the lymph node in your groin. While you could try a combination of Lotrimin cream and Neosporin ointment topically for the foot, you really should see a doctor for this and get some oral antibiotics since the whole condition may only get much worse with time