Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a hiatus hernia.ive had the pain constent in the middle

I have a hiatus hernia.ive had the pain constent in the middle of my brest bone for three months and it will not go. I had a endoscopy and they foumd I had a hiatus hernia distance 40cm 3cm. I have been on omeprazole capsules for 3 months but they are not helping .. I am still in pain/ im 70 years old and fit. is there any one that can help me. thank you. david
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi David. First important question here--have you had a full cardiac workup? And was anything else seen with the scope besides this hiatal hernia?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi doctor. ive got the report in front of me and it says. follow up. back to the referrer. no further investigations are proposed for this patient.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
And about the cardiac workup David? Also--any tenderness in the area of your pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi doctor. I had a e. c. g. and a eco sound test and it all came back good doctor. there is no tenderness at all.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK David. Just one other thing--have you been screened for H pylori--the so-called ulcer bug?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I have been screed for h pylori doctor I did have the bug in my gullet about ten years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
So you recently have had the screen David?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no not recently doctor. I had the test about ten years ago

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK David. You need to be screened again since you can get reinfected and if you are that's what's causing the problem, assuming this isn't cardiac pain. I'd still get a stress test to look at your heart
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi doctor whear do I go for my test. back to my doctor.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes--he can order it David