Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I want to send lab test and scan resalt for an 18 month boy

I want to send lab test and scan resalt for an 18 month boy for 2,nd opnion please can you help?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I would be glad to review the labs and MRI.
Could you attach the studies by using the icon on the tool bar that looks like a paper clip?
Could you also say what symptoms are present to prompt this evaluation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

unable to sit down/neck weak/hand eye coordination not 100%/gained weight up to the age of 6 months as normal/caught a cold and stopped putting weight on/aged 14 months he weighted 8.6kg/his medication started at the age of 8 months,nootropil 20% everyday,citicoline injection every week.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This attachment opened another web page, but it is not clear where the files are located. How do I access them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/Azmayesh%20A%20p1.jpg
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/Azmayesh%20A%20p2.jpg
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/Azmayesh%20B.jpg
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/Azmayesh%20C.jpg
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/Germany%20P1.jpg
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/Germany%20P2.jpg
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/kiarash%20Salari.doc
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/MRI.jpg
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/navar%20maghz%201.jpg
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/navar%20maghz%202.jpg
file:///home/ebby/Documents/Kiarash/navar%20maghz%203.jpg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, but I still cannot open these files. The attached image does not open. I also have tried through the other web page opened by the first link and by copying and pasting the URL into the browser.

Could you try to attach the images again. For people that are having difficulty, there are instructions in how to do this at ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This attachment tries to open multiple tabs on the browser, but with no content.
Could you attach the files as jpg files using the instructions supplied earlier?
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.
I am another expert on the site; I was able to open the folder using a specialized RAR extracting program

I believe this is the last of the documents (I had to convert this Word document to a image so that I could upload it)

Hopefully the other expert can now continue helping you....

Good luck

Another exert had a program that was able to extract the files and I appreciate his assistance.

There are a couple of problems that are identified by these studies, although one problem is likely related to the problems that he is having.

The MRI shows delay myelination in the brain. This means that the process of forming myelin around the nerves in the brain is not happening as fast as would be expected. Myelin is a fatty layer that covers much of each nerve and allows for more rapid transmission of the nerve message. The content of the nerve message varies in each part of the brain, but a diffuse problem with myelin formation is associated with developmental delay, as he is experiencing. As is mentioned on the report, a repeat of the MRI will be able to determine the progression of myelination. There are no specific studies that show the benefit of the medicines that are being given for this type of problem, but these medicines are generally designed to improve mental functioning.

The lab tests identify two issues that also warrant further consideration. There is evidence of iron deficiency, with a low red blood count and MCV and a low ferritin. This is usually managed with iron supplementation.

There also appears to be an issue with the thyroid hormones, with a low T4 level in January. I do not see a TSH checked at the same time, although there was a TSH checked in March that only said that it was <1. At this point, it would be appropriate to pursue a more detailed evaluation of the thyroid, including a specific measurement of the TSH level.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.