Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi Ive had a pregnancy test & the redial has come back as

Customer Question

Hi I've had a pregnancy test & the redial has come back as 1mlu/ml could you please tell me if it's negative or positive?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--that refers to the level of the hormone HCG in your blood and it is a negative test at that level--no pregnancy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've asked a local pharmacy & they are saying its positive I'm confused
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What exactly does it say on the report Shoaib?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's says that result units are 1mlu/ml & reference range =>5.3
It's a hog pregnancy test
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand that it's an HCG test Shoaib and all I can say that a result of 5 mlu/ml would be positive so I still say your test is negative despite what the pharmacist said. If you're still concerned, just ask your doctor about this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My periods started on the 26th of July & ended on 31st July I took levonelle after sex & bleeding has started since August the 8th
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then for sure you aren't pregnant Shoaib but you should see your doctor about the bleeding. It could just be from your hormones rearranging themselves after the levonelle but it still needs to be checked out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pathologists comments were as follow
Concentration below 5.3 mlu/ml are to be expected for samples from individuals who are not pregnant, as well as for women such an early stage of pregancy that the hog concentration has not yet reached the decision level set for the procedure. Can you please tell me what u think once reading this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Shoaib, if you were pregnant there's been enough time for the HCG level to be much higher than it is--I don't know what more I can tell you than, in my opinion, you aren't pregnant. The easiest way for you to get over your worry here is to see a doctor and have him confirm what I've told you. Please just do that and let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you :)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure--any time