Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Im taking half a Sertraline tablet, 6 days now, the Dr suggested

I'm taking half a Sertraline tablet, 6 days now, the Dr suggested I start gradually but I feel so low and tired and am sleeping loads. Surely the tiredness will increase if I change to 50mg?
Thanks Georgie
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--if you're talking about dropping down to 50 mg from 100 mg that certainly could help but I might consider starting you out on 25 mg at night and slowly increasing the dosage if needed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just started last Tuesday on 25mg, had been off antidepressants for a few weeks but had begun to feel terrible. Also I was told to take them in the morning.
My husband died 9 months ago but I think this is more than just bereavement.
Is the tiredness a side effect that will go with time?
Georgie
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Georgie. The tiredness is a side effect and usually it does go away in about two weeks but ask your doctor about taking it at night instead of in the morning