Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi, I am taking the pill microgymon 30 but I have forgotten

Hi, I am taking the pill microgymon 30 but I have forgotten to take 2 in a row and now I'm bleeding. Is this normal? I had a period last week after 2 months of the taking the pill continually as I was advised by my gp because I have endometriosis in my
Bowel and periods are often painful, the period was unusually light considering... I had sex with my boyfriend on the Tuesday but I forgot to take the pill on weds and thurs
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
May I know your age?
Did you had regular periods in past?
Did you had unprotected sex?
Are you bleeding heavily?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm 23, Iv always had regular periods and yes it was unprotected. It doesn't seem to be heavy but I go to the toilet and wipe there's some on the tissue and Iv been getting pain
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Microgynon 30 contains ethinylestradiol and levonorgestrel. It is prescribed to get lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding.
Yes, it is common to have slight bleeding/ spotting after missing
2 pills, in a row.
Usually, doctor advise, to start a new pack after missing 2 pills, in a row.
Though chances of getting pregnancy are slim, as you didn't had sex in fertile period.
The Ovulation usually takes place 14 days after the beginning of your menstrual cycle.
For women with a 28-day cycle, the 14th day is often the day of ovulation.
Though chances are slim, still i would suggest that you can get a urine pregnancy after 1 week.
Please start with a new pack.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So you suggest I leave the pills in the current pack that I'm taking and start a new pack now? I took a pill last night so should I take one this morning or wait till this evening to take another pill? Even though I'm bleeding can I still take a pregnancy test??
Dear,
Yes, you should leave this current pack, and start a new one.
From today morning only, you can start with a new pack. It would be effective.
Regarding pregnancy test, you can wait for 1 week, and check it by next Monday. Chances of pregnancy are slim.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I start a new pack this morning, can I take a pill this evening aswell or wait till tomorrow morning to take a new one? How long will the bleeding last?
Dear,
Yes, you can start with a new pack today, and take pill this evening.
Most likely in next 2-3 days, bleeding/ spotting would automatically stop. It is self limiting in nature.
I hope this helps.