Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

After succesful groin repair, I couldnt urinate. now I have

After succesful groin repair, I couldn`t urinate. now I have a catheter. Is this a lifelong situation or are there any possibilities that I may eventually urinate through my penis ?
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 2 years ago.
Many men do have difficulty in passing urine for a few days after a groin repair surgery but eventually manage to do so.
In your case, not being able to pass urine after more than 2 weeks could be a symptoms of a damage to the urinary tract. Or to the nerve supply to the penis or bladder.
Please consult a urologist - you will need a cystoscopy of the bladder and a uroflowmetry to see exactly what is causing your problem. Depending on the results , it will be possible to inform you about your future prospects.