Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

★ I am trying to give up amphetamine abuse what can I take

Customer Question

★ I am trying to give up amphetamine abuse. what can I take for just that get up and go in a morning instead of having to just take that bit in a morning or I sink back into a depression! I have taken it for over 15yrs mainly for just occasional for festivals dance scene etc. But when I was forced to leave my job 7 yrs ago due to an accident, slowly  my habit became gradually worse to now I just want away from it I cant stand it but I just can't get away from just that little bit in a morning. Please help as I really want away so I got the ger up and go!! 

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Hi there, I am sorry you are having a tough time getting off this. You may consider seeing a Dr to substitute a prescription med for a short time and then be weaned off it.

Dr. K. :

Have you tried something simple like a coffee drink or a protein shake?

Dr. K. :

Obviously its important to eat a small amount of both protein and carbohydrate in the morning.

Dr. K. :

While you need to be careful of some energy drinks, there are some that may help short term.

Dr. K. :

Rock Star for example

Dr. K. :

This energy drink contains ginseng, guarana, gingko and milk thistle Its safe and may give you the boost you need.

Dr. K. :

I hope this helps