Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

do i have

Customer Question

do i have herpes
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Can you please provide more details about your problem? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had unprotected sex with a girl 4 days ago, after two days I had two white spots under the head of my penis, which I knocked the whiteheads off of, now it is pretty red and sore:

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am really sorry to hear about your problem. This is not herpes. It is likely to be a bacterial STD that you have contracted from that exposure. Don't worry, go to your doctor now or go to ER or urgent care. Get it tested. You may need a course of antibiotic and it will be cured. You don't have to live with it like herpes. Till you visit you can take OTC tab Advil thrice daily for pain. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I forgot to include :

Yesterday I went to the doctor and he said it looked like it would heal alone but did not examine it properly.

Today I went to the std clinic and the woman who checked said it looked like herpes and took a swab but I have to wait two week for the results.

before this happened I was excersing all day in tight shorts and very sweaty (i did shower after the exercise before the evening)

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about all you are going through. This doesn't look like herpes to me because herpes present in the form of blisters but you have red area with a deep sore. It is more likely to be a bacterial infection. The look is not consistent with herpes and you can hope for the best here. Please don't get stressed. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, thank you for your time and kind words.

I did have two white spots, but they did not look like blisters.

The std clinic say I have to wait two weeks from exposure to have the other tests, they only did the swab test today as I had this open sore.

After the two weeks wait for the next tests I then have to wait a further 7-10 days for those results - is there any over the counter cream I can use in the mean time?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Herpes don't present with white spots. It present with blisters so I don't think that your white spots can be herpes. Yes I do have suggestions for you. In cases like yours over the counter available neomycin cream and 1% Hydrocortisone cream can be applied twice daily. wash the area with soap and water, let it dry in open air, apply first cream and then after one hour apply the second one. Take advil thrice daily. I am hopeful that you will feel better. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you, I really hope you are correct.

the nurse today absolutely devastated me

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome. Lets hope for the best. My best wishes and prayers will be with you. Please feel free to update me about your results. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

It looks like this today?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, it's looks better than yesterday. Have you started using something ? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took the tablets the sti clinicgave for herpes after the swab- "zovirax"

they said to take the medicine as it would not hurt me if it did not turn out to be herpes.

the red swelling has gone down but the whiteish scars/lumps worry me that is still is herpes?

I put some anti fungal cream on also last night

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

it looks like lesions?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HI
You have already done a positive rating on this tread.
We are only paid by ja per positive rating on our posts/answers.

I am a double board certified US doctor.
Would you like to continue and rate here or find me by request?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can rate you on here

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
What is your current question
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can you not see the thread and images above? I am asking if this looks like herpes

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I see what appears to be resolving blisters.
Were there blisters at one point?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they were two whiteheaded spots which I knocked the heads off with a fingernail,

but they appeared 2 days after having unprotected sex with a new partner (female)

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
It is quite possible it is herpes.
You have a swab pending.
It does not look like another type of STD as you were told.
Herpes can appear 2 to 8 days, or longer, after exposure.

It is also possible that there is secondary bacterial infection, or fungal, given this history, I would guess bacterial and use mupiricin cream as well as any herpes treatment.

OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay so it is most likely herpes then?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
First choice.
Please click a positive rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i keep getting different answers, i am so confused

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
My answers are very straighforward.
And my answer agrees with the doctor that saw this in person.
And that is what you should go with.
Please click a positive rating: then come back as needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the first doctor i saw said it was nothing

the second said herpes

first answer here bacterial

second answer here herpes.

im so worried now

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I said herpes with secondary bacterial infection.
I also pointed out that you will have test results to confirm herpes, or not. Also that you should have a swab for bacteria and fungal, ideally, and use mupiricin cream.

I understand you are worried, but this is the most comprehensive answer on this post.

Please click a positive rating.

I can not continue to help you, which I will do, unless I am paid by JA.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your answer.

The spots had hard whiteheads - is that normal for herpes?

saying that two days later after removing the whiteheads it does feel like its burning

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Whiteheads is not typical but can happen.
Burning is typical.
I need to see a positive rating and will be glad to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you are quite rude to someone who is experiencing this!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
rude and insulting answers
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I don't see how?

I am answering all questions promptly.

Again, I think I am giving you a bit more, in fact, than your own doctor has given you.

Maybe you missed one of my posts....

Here is what I would suggest
A. Call the doctor you saw.
B. Ask if they will swab for bacteria and fungal.
C. Also ask if you can have a prescription for mupiricin.
D. Make sure they get you your lab results the minute they are done: it should not take 2 weeks.

That help?