Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have diverticulitus disease, however this time my symtons

Customer Question

I have diverticulitus disease, however this time my symtons are slightly different. I have very severe pain in my left hand side, which hurts a lot to walk. I have been sick, and am very very tired. this is the fourth day of these symtons. I am on antibiotics for diverticula infection, but I don't feel it is the sam. my lower back is also very painful.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--are you saying that you have both back and abdominal pain? How was your diverticulitis diagnosed this time?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I see you saw my question but have yet to respond. We can continue after this if you need Lorna but here's my answer. If you haven't had a ct scan of the abdomen you need that because even with antibiotics diverticulitis can form an abscess and that needs surgery. The other possibility here would be a kidney stone and the ct would look for that too