Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

severe anxiety & agrivated PTSD. History rape&trauma

Customer Question

severe anxiety and multiple symptoms agrivated. 21 female, survivor childhood physical/emotional/sexual abuse and rape by stepfather and other less severe physical/sexual abuse by others. im Yas. I really would like to talk to someone. I feel like the health system has failed me multiple times and I nolonger try to seek help from here. I self medicate, although i realise the damage. I have severe shakes, obsesive chewing of tongue and 'gnawing/chewing' jaw action. my grandparents are coming to talk to me tomorrrow. every one is worried im trying to hide as much as possible, iv been baracading myself in my room, i can not bare, i have major panic attacks if have to leave my room, i have been going to the toilet in my room, i am extremly embaressed and overwhelmed, i am not eating, i have lost too much wieght which i wanted to avoid and tried force feeding myslef but even a small amount of food will make me gag and too often I will promptly throw up (body reaction to food) i feel extremly guilty, i am trying to help myself, i have more to add, i am keeping a video diary i am trying to get better bit i am under so much pressure. ANyone? Im scared of being revealed, my bf and (others have suggested) that i am not getting better but worse and if nothing chages soon social services will get involved and i will likely be institutionalised. I am so afraid. Just a few words, just need reasurance and someone to take few miniutes, i dont want to cause inconveniance. thank you if you have read this, I live in Midlands lincolnshire, i live in private rented house share. I have lost most of my family accept my wonderful grandparents, thank you , im sorry

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to ask if there is any recomended private treatment in this country with the experiance and knowledge to offer treatment/advice for my symptoms. Yes il wait for an answer, I suppose I just wanted somebody to talk to.
I have been bounced around the mental health system. Psychitrists have told me they are not qualified to treat me at Archway, but nobody has pointed me in the right direction.
I was discussing my symptoms with a close friend last night who has seen first hand my symptoms especially the night terrors and screaming in my sleep and dissasociation/ halucinations. I generally play down and dont discuss this because I have had to deal with it for so long on my own and pretend everything is okay. I suppose because i can recognise that there is something wrong and nobody I know experiances what I do, It's quite taboo. And brushed under the carpet, I have been misdiagnosed and rediagnosed multiple times. I am afraid of being dosed up on antipsychotic drugs and/or higher doses of antidepresants. This has happened before, I turned into a zombie and was unable to feel anything, good or bad. I ended up heavily drinking and tried to commit suicide. I dont want this to happen again. I will be deferring another year of uni (I only study part time/ and unable to work/ on benefits) I will be doing a life course full time with the princess trust in september.
I am also working with my victim personal probation officer to apply for victim compensation soon.

For the first time in my life I have realised that I have a full life to live ahead of me and I want to make a change and better myself and better my life.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Correspondence so far:

17/08/2014 (Responce to Expert reply: Dr. Phil, MD
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/8m0bc-i-m-wondering-time-look-question.html

• Hello, thank you for responding to my 'question'. I haven't had much luck with any help or guidance so far.

─ Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ ─
• I would appreciate any help or advice I can get, anybody who can point me in the right direction. I have placed a deposit on my post and will gift to the person who can offer the best guidance.

─ Have you read my linked question? I'v recieved minimal responce to this post so far. I often find that proffesionals become overwhelmed and deem me too complex when they look into my past trauma history; which directly relates to my difficulties today.

In the past I have sought help, to try and help myself. My Gp makes referals, I am sent for assesments and bounced around between the Peter Hodgkinson centre @Lincoln Hospital and Archway centre. I have recieved minimal treatment (I have tried differant types of therapy and drugs - but no specific care or treatment or recognition has been given to help me deal with my childhood abuse specific traumas) I am told to return to my GP, my GP doctors have sometimes been insensitive and told me to 'move on' I feel like I inconveniance them and wasting thier time. My file runs through the system and I seem to be invisible now. I have been failed too many times to return and ask for help now. They do not take me seriously and I am left feeling helpless and hopeless.
─ I am an intelligent young women with many difficulties and I have adapted and coped by self medicating, I am ashamed of my lifestyle and my family (accept for my grandparents) Have disowned me.
I have few places to turn for help. Im scared to be alone by myself, I try and find logic and reason to help me overcome my demons but it does not stop my demons haunting me and hurting me. Reality and 'day dream' nightmares collide, sometimes it's difficult to know what is real and what is not because they are real to me. They are vivid and physical.
Currently, I have been using a chemical substance which I have sniffed all night to keep me awake and to keep those demons at bay. It stops the vivid halucinations and high anxiety and panic, it keeps me being 'me' and able to function. I dont abuse substances for pleasure, it's actually rather frightening and I know too well the damage it can cause. I have to adapt my use and I have been trapped in a vicious cycle of using one thing after an another. I would not be able to write this otherwise, my mind would switch and any trigger can alter my personality or mood/perception.. It is highly frustrating. It is very complex and deep rooted, as a child I used to self harm and visuals were more reasuring than frightening, I had a guardian who protected me but she left me 3 years ago after the criminal trial against my stepfather who was the main perpertrator between the ages of 6-14. He contiued to physically&emotionally abuse me and my brother untill the age of 17 when I left and became homeless. My mother was aware of the abuse and choose to side with her husband, she later testified against me to try and protect him. This was not so long ago, since 2011 (age18) I have been fighting for a contact order for my siblings, it was only this year that the case was concluded and I have been granted a full unsupervised contact order for both my younger sisters.
I am contemplating my future, I can nolonger hide or lie, I want to be the best role model for my sisters (I was mum to them when living with them, they are everything good and they keep me strong and drive me forward because I need to be around to protect them. I have done all that is possible n the last 4 years) Im at a dead end wall now and facing my demons again full on. The fierce protector in me is nolonger needed, I'm now useless. I won't say anymore for now, thank you for reading. I am a good person and I have a good heart, I dont have room for hate or grudges, I easily become vunerable and bad things keep happening. I cant trust anyone. I became close to my stepgrandfather last year, we were estranged previously, he became heavily involved with my life and made desisions with other family members about my life. I trusted him and accepted him as my 'grandfather'. Then 5 months ago, he offered to take me to my contact session with my sisters, they live nearly 300 miles away, I fund all costs involved with travel/acomadation exspenses and my aunt or uncle used to drive me there. Later though they disowned me because I admited to abusing substances. So, I was grateful that my step/ G'father was willing to take me this time. Although I found him quite controlling and he was very 'touchy' he had discussed with me in detail what had happened to me as a child, and I had asked multiple times if he could be mindful that I find physical contact very difficult. I excused his behaviour because he had lost his wife (my paternal grandma) a few years earlier, he often became upset, he said That I reminded him of her and I was very much like her and shared the same interests and 'grace'.
We went to devon togeather, he brought 3 bottles of wine which I was unaware of. After a full day spent with my sisters, we went for a meal and he ordered a bottle of wine (Though he knew I shouldnt drink alchohol, I become very vunerable) He filled my glass and encoureged me to drink so that I could 'relax' and enjoy my evening. He kept topping up my glass through the meal before I had chance to finish my drink. I quickly became very tipsy. We returned to the hotel and he brought with him the other bottles of wine which we drank in my room, when i tried to leave for a cigerate outside, he told me to smoke out of the window. I became heavily intoxicated and he took advantage of my vunerability and crossed the line. He sexually assualted me several times. I have since cut contact with him but he told my family that I 'came on to him' and they believed him, that I had got myself into a drunken stupour, and he was disgusted by my behaviour.
My maternal grandparents are the only family that have stood by me and supported me. I do not want to be victim or have these things happen to me, I do not ask for it. Throughout my life, people that are meant to protect, love and care for me have used my trust in them to abuse me. I am terrified that they will seek vengence or hurt me anymore, I am paranoid and can noloner leave my house, I can hardly leave my room, I have boarded my window as I am on the ground floor, I baracde my door so that nobody can just walk in. My closer friends think that I am crazy, people tell me that if I do not improve then I may be forced into being sectioned because 'I am not looking aftermyself'. I often live a double life, I put on a leanred and convincing mask and pretend to be something that I am not. Unfortunatly this wares me out quickly and I can't keep it up, I'm triggered and switched, I switch and run away, I go into hiding and iscolation and medicate. I am trapped in this lifetime cycle, I just want to be me. I want to stop having to explain myself to people who don't listen or truly care. I am forced to convince and tell them what they want to hear, and then I am accused and threatened and called a liar. I can not escape this, I am breaking, they say I am not 'getting better'. I am frightened that they will come and take me away soon because I will not bend and break and meet expectations. I try but they are unreal and unmeaning to me. i understand what is expected of me, I can only try but it kill me, if I bend to expectations and be what I am not, my mind will break, something dark and scary in me leashes out in desperation and self destruction, she will punish and destroy me, she is not me. But she blames me for hurting her and causing so much pain inside. She was just a little girl. Open pages, how can I better myself. I will be 22 on the 30th august. I get very anxious and frightened/paniced whenever my birthday nears. I have to take responsibility now, how do I overcome and take control of my mind without drugs, I do not want to be numbed and zombiefied, not again. Please.

Thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information. We are trying to locate the right Professional to assist you.
However, if at anytime you would like me to close your question and reverse your charges please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Hi, please can you refund me and reverse my charges, unfortunatly my question was never answered. thank you