DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hello Im 20 years old, recently Ive been getting pains in

Customer Question

Hello I'm 20 years old, recently I've been getting pains in my head that shoot down to my ears and jaws! I'm worryied its somthing serious. My doctor checked my eyes and said they were fine and that its just facial nerves but I've googled facial nerves and have been scarying myself as it can be a sign of tumour! Help!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It is most likely tension headache.
Tumor would give you severe symptoms, and would have signs on exam.
I think you need to listen to your doctor.
I think you also need to have your neck checked, many people have cervical spine strain and it goes undiagnosed.
A physical medicine doctor or chiropractor can help with this.
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you sure because I am so scared making myself terrified googling my symtoms think have health anxiety worry about everything and these symptoms are scary! so you say my doctor would of noticed somthing while checking my eyes? thanks! its also affecting my relationship with my partner as scared and on constant google!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes you have anxiety, and this will make the headaches worse.
The doctor would have seen evidence of serious problems on exam, and did not.
Get some help to relax.
Stop googling.
Tension headache, neck problems, migraine, these are the common problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok good advice!! just one more thing seem to be urinating a bit more not sure why but finding this scary toooo!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
That can also be from anxiety, a common response.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the help! sorry one more thing think drinking enough as should be, really drink in the day and thirsty lately but just seem to drink in the day just little sips!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Many people do that.
It is not abnormal.
Please click a positive rating.
Find me as needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what more info do you need?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
None.
Do you have another question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no none, thanks for the help. hopefully my anxiety does not take over!! how long will my nerve pain last and can do anything to help it?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I have already told you this.
See a physical medicine doctor about your neck, for evaluation and possible therapy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so see my doctor about theropy for my health anxiety. and it my neck that was the problem or do you mean that could be cause?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It can be the cause, and in my very first answer I said this needs to be evaluated.
Yes, and get the anxiety treated.
Good luck.
, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay great! thank you very much!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Anytime
Any questions.