Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had adhesions previously - my Gynaecologist took an

Customer Question

I have had adhesions previously - my Gynaecologist took an extra hour to remove the adhesions during my hysterectomy - however I seem to have the same pain as before and feel that I may have developed further adhesions since my hysterectomy (in 2006). The pain is getting gradually worse and although initially felt in my back - as if I had a kidney infection - I have developed pain in my pelvic area at the front.
I was taking Ibuprofen - but as this did not touch the pain - I called and have been prescribed Naproxen (250mg) every 6-8 hours. (Also prescribed Omeprazole)
However the pain is still there - not as severe but still not able to move freely.
I am only able to see my GP on Wednesday but wondered whether you can suggest anything.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Any fever or change in your bowel movements? How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Get a fever on and off. Was feeling nauseous last week ever though the pain was less. My bowel movements can go from being constipated to being very loose. I would hazard a guess at about six months but the severe pain only the past 1 - 1 1/2 weeks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also have felt very bloated with a feeling of tension between my back and stomach.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Lesley. This probably isn't an adhesion problem in the sense that you've got a partial small bowel obstruction. Without a high fever it isn't likely a kidney infection either. It could be a kidney stone problem or maybe a pelvic infection but obviously you need to get it checked out and I would start with blood work, a urinalysis, and a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis and you need all that done as soon as possible. You can switch to ibuprofen up to 800mg at a time three times a day and for now I'd suggest a bland diet of soups and soft vegetables