Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MD Grad Jefferson Medical College 2009. Internal Med intern 2010 & Radiology residency 2011. Husband & father of two.
62460980

Had my hernia repaired about 2years in my groin it seems to

Customer Question

Had my hernia repaired about 2years in my groin it seems to be getting sore there sometime is it coming back
Expert:  Daniel Sheibley, MD replied 2 years ago.
Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

You need to go in for a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis. An ultrasound could potentially show if it has come back, however it wouldn't be as sensitive of a test.

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Physical exam by your primary care physician when you make you appointment to be prescribed one of those tests (Contrast enhanced CT would be the most sensitive) they will do a physical exam which might show that it has come back at which time they would refer you to the surgeon. Regardless, they'd need to order an imaging study, CT or ultrasound.

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Hello, Did I answer your question?