Country Doc
Country Doc, Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs practice in general and vascular surgery, Assoc. Prof., and as a medical/legal expert
14066037

who are the consultant vascular surgeons with the best outcome

Customer Question

who are the consultant vascular surgeons with the best outcome in vascular surgery for mesenteric ischaemia - SMA by pass procedures, in London, particullarly North London and what are the risks?
Which are the best NHS hospitals to have this done?
Do these surgeons have audited/evidence based outcome figures?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am still waiting for a reply to my question.
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if your experts can not find the answer surely, a service which says to have medical experys too, should be able to provide an answer to a medical query.
I will for a few more days.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please continue looking for an expert to assist me.
Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, please let me know if you change your mind and would like your question closed.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Country Doc replied 3 years ago.

Hello - I'm looking forward to helping you solve your problem and welcome to Just Answer. I am a vascular surgeon (retired US based) and I think I can give you some advice but finding the statistics you request is difficult. In regard to those statistics, "figures don't lie but liars can figure." These statistics are not often based on outcomes alone and may not represent the successes (or failures) of any particular surgeon or the complication rate of an institution.

The best course of action for you is to obtain a consult and then a second (or third) opinion and then go with the one that makes most sense to you and the doctor with whom you feel most comfortable.

If you have a specific question about mesenteric ischemia I would be glad to discuss that with you or review a consultation with you after you have discussed it with a potential vascular surgeon.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sir
Your advise is very general, non clinical and does not answer any of my questions. You are US based and are not in a position to to gibe me answers which relate to the services and the
doctots who work in the UK NHS.
Sorry, trying to help and explain that the information you seek is not available, is unreliable and may not lead you to the relationship you need if you in fact have intestinal ischemia. If I cannot help you I will sign off. If you have a specific question about intestinal ischemia and related surgery, I would be glad to answer them for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sir,
Sorry to say that you have been unable to give specific answers to any of my questions and your general advise hasn't helped at all.