Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I suffer from fatigue excessive sweating, excessive urination,I

Customer Question

I suffer from fatigue excessive sweating, excessive urination,I itching ,blurred vision
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
What type of infection was indicated in the blood tests?
Did your primary doctor prescribe any antibiotics?
Do you know whether a chemistry profile was done with these blood tests?
Specifically, was a blood sugar level checked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nasal spray was given to me, blood sugar was normal,, to be honest it was very poor follow up just palmed me of with infection diagnosis
Do you know the results of the blood tests that indicated an infection?
Which nasal spray was prescribed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nasal spray was avamys 27.5 micrograms fluticasone furuate , blood tests were Norma they said but I was not fasting
I'm sorry, but it is still unclear. In your original question, you said that blood tests showed infection, but in this reply, you say that the blood tests were normal.

The Avamys is a steroid nose spray that is more often used for allergies.

Could your doctor have said that there was evidence of allergy inflammation, rather than an infection?
I have not heard back from my last request for clarification.

I am trying to get clarity about the infection because infection is a common cause of these symptoms and any discussion of these symptoms would need to first address the infection.

If the infection is a viral infection, then antibiotics would not be helpful, and the usual approach would be to provide symptomatic relief. However, if the infection is a bacterial infection, then a course of antibiotics would be appropriate.

As noted above, the Avamys is a steroid that is most often used to treat allergies. It is true that certain infections can occur superimposed on allergies, such as a sinus infection.

If the blood tests indicated an infection, then it would help to know what results were present to indicate an infection. But if the blood tests were normal, then they would not indicate an infection.

If you can find more information, then I can provide a more specific answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me the possibility of what it may maybe given the symptoms I have given you
Most of these symptoms are non-specific symptoms of infection, and in that sense, it is statistically far more common for a viral infection to be present.

The increased urination could also be due to an infection of the genitourinary tract, which in a male is most often a prostate infection (prostatitis), and an acute prostatitis is most often a bacterial infection.