Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Foolishly at 91 years of age I had a go on my greatgrandsons

Customer Question

Foolishly at 91 years of age I had a go on my greatgrandsons tree rope swing with a T bar as seIt was not comfortable! A day later I have a very swollen left testicle with moderate pain.Will it just subside or have I to treat it more seriously?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to pain & swelling in left testicle. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
The swelling you are having on left testicle with moderate pain from tree rope swing & uncomfortable position/sitting is most likely because of this excess pressure on the testicle.
To reduce the swelling,ice the area on and off. Put ice in a plastic bag, wrap the bag in a towel.Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Wrap the ice pack in a towel.The cold reduces the blood flow to the area and therefore reduces the swelling.
Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.
If still after this swelling or pain persists,then you need to consult your doctor for examination & evaluation & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Usually & most likely,pain & swelling will be reduced by this above described treatment.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert