Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I ve been with my fiancé nearly 3 years. After a few months

I ve been with my fiancé nearly 3 years. After a few months of dating he told me he had suffered with depression in the past and tried to kill himself but he had been ok for a few years. For the past year he has become distant with me and tries to avoid spending time with me but he also has stopped doing things he used to enjoy and lie and says he feels empty and doesn't want to do anything or go anywhere. He has financial worries despite working 6 days a week. The more he's sunk into this depression over the past year the more distant he becomes. When it started he said he loved me but just not as much as he used to and now he says he either loves me a tiny bit or he doesn't know. He still puts his arm around me, holds my hand and hugs me but he no longer has any interest in sex. I have asked him to seek help as he has said he tired of living and doesn't care anymore but e refuses and he also says we should split up as I d be happier without him and he doesn't think he could be happy again. I don't know what to do! If it was just that he didn't live me anymore then I d leave but how he feels about me seems to change according to his mood
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I personally think he is depressed again

Dr. Shahzad MD :

He does most likely require treatment for this again.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Medications like citalopram, fluoxetine may help.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So he does need to see his doctor for help.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me for my services when you are done.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So when he's saying he doesn't love me or he wants us to split up is that due to the depression? I don't want to stay if that's making him worse but I don't want to leave him on his own if he doesn't mean it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
I think that he is depressed and because of that he has lost interest.
He still loves you I think.