Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I recently visited my Gp reguarding a lump in my abdomen and

Customer Question

I recently visited my Gp reguarding a lump in my abdomen and some mild pain steaming from under the breast bone going lower near the gall bladder, I can only describe the pain as like a needle sensation. .its not severe pain and I can carry out daily activities without being in pain. The lump is just above and across from the belly button right side (gallbladder).. its firm but has some give its irregular shaped. My gp thinks it could be gall stones or gall bladder disease, Im 22 and out of my mind with worry I keep connecting everything, just wanting a bit of advice on this, im now waiting for an ultrasound scan.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I would still like assistance

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry you have waited so long
Your GP is correct, it could be gall bladder disease. Its very common in women even at your age.
The lump you are feeling could also be in your colon, it could even be a lump of stool.
It would be very rare for it to be anything serious in your age range. Unfortunately you are going to need to wait for the ultrasound for an accurate diagnosis, they should be able to let you know whats going on after that. Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay thank you for your help, I am just so frightened, the pain has gone off a little over hte last couple of days but my right side is incredibly lumpy bumpy like small little bumps then fatty bumps.. completely strange to me??

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Do the bumps seem deep or are they within the fat that lies under the skin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would probably say within the fat tissue it self.. I cant feel any of this lying down just when standing up.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
ok then these may be lipomas which are benign fatty tumors They sometimes run in families. Nothing serious and can be easily removed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All this is just worrying me..the only good thing is the pain is lesz common now but I do get small bouts of it..but its just theres some lumpy bits around that area which is concerning me..in general im eatung, sleeping and feel fine, I know I have to wait for the scan now im just so fearful of this, everything's been going through my mind

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Its very unlikely that its cancer or anything serious. It sounds like lipomas or benign skin growths.
Please consider a positive rating for me. Thanks.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified with experience in primary care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay thank you for your help over the last few days, be sure to rate this dervice now, im just bothered because its a lingering pain.. niggiling..

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Come back any time you need more help and please remember to rate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just rated your service, I have noticed this morning that my toe nails on my left foot are slightly yellow very light.. andi also have a light patch light brown/yellow colour on both my legs.. ofc im oncernrd and have been reading up on things connecting two and two together..could this be connected at all or a fungal nail infection, ??

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Yes it sure could
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Obviously im still waiting for a scan do yiu think I should wait now or go back to the drs with the yellow toenails?..

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Slight yellow is not really an emergency and its not likely they would treat you. I dont think it is an emergency.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see, okay thank you if this turns out to be an issue with my gall bladder can this pain sensation linger in one area, it's really concerning me, Iv been waiting just under 2 weeks for an ultrasound,

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Yes Gallbladder pain can be in one specific area. Its very common in women
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So im still waiting for an ultrasound..still experiencing bouts of pain..is there anything I can take for this..the right side of my abdomen were this pain is feels rather lumpy gristle type is this normal or should I be concerned

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
I think you are best off waiting for the scan and consulting your gp
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay many thanks iv just got this last thing to ask you which you may not be able to answer until the scan..iv noticed over the last few weeks I have some very slight puffiness at the top of the foot betweenthe crease of the leg and the foot I should say, its were the velcro gos over my shoes im just wondering if this is just due to shoes or may it have any connection?..it is only slight and its not causing me any problems

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
I highly doubt theres a connection. Good luck!