Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

hi there. yesterday I had to take my husband to the doctors

hi there. yesterday I had to take my husband to the doctors because he was shaking violently this is the fourth time this ha s happened and each time the doctor has said it is a kidney infection and prescribed Trimethoprim 200mg,i am worried as he had another shaking do at 6am this morning,and was very unstable on his feet,and seemed slightly delirious.could you help please. thanks .Shirley.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome!!

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that with the symptoms that he is having i.e. shaking and slightly delirious, unstable on his feet you should take him to the emergency.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that he should be admitted to a hospital and will require proper investigation.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Most likely this infection is in the bloodstream which is causing all this to happen and will require intravenous antibiotics if this is an infection.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So the bot***** *****ne is that you should take him to the emergency and get him admitted.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer:

yes thank you.shirley.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below.
I hope I provided excellent services.
Goodbye :)