Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi I have been getting aches in my chest for some time I have

Hi I have been getting aches in my chest for some time I have had x-rays and anti bionics
but nothing works I also get shooting pains across to my heart like shocks makes me jump . I do suffer from angina but never had a heart attack . I have had stents fitted about 8 years ago can you help
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-
Does your ache/pain increases with exertion?
Since how long are you having this symptoms?
Have you checked your blood pressure?
Any pain or numbness in left arm?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi my doctor has cone through a lot of tests with me -blood pressure / x-ray breathing test / camera up and down

but says all is OK.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
The symptoms you have described can be due to angina.It occurs when heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen.It is most often caused by blockages in the arteries that supply blood to your heart.
Angina may feel like pressure or ache or squeezing in your chest.Stable angina isn't a heart attack, but it makes a heart attack more likely in the future.
The tests you had like x-rays,breathing test / camera up and down (endoscopy & colonoscopy) are not to diagnose/rule out heart disease.
As you have history of heart disease & have had stents fitted about 8 years ago,you need following tests:
-Electrocardiogram(EKG)
-Coronary Angiography
-Cardiac Catheterization
-Holter monitoring,
-Electrophysiological mapping
-Dobutamine echocardiogram stress test(
If this heart disease is ruled out,then following is to be considered:gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and esophageal spasm,musculoskeletal problems, especially fibromyositis (muscle inflammation) or it can be due to anxiety and panic attacks.
So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your cardio doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert