Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hi,Ihad a colostomy in the year 2000 for abcess welded to my

Hi,Ihad a colostomy in the year 2000 for abcess welded to my bladder, over the last year I have been having quite alot of pain in the lower part of my bowel , Ihave had a CT scan done last year owing to polips on my bowel but not cancerous, They said I did have Diverticulitis but they were not to worried about this. The pain over the last 12 months as got worse I wake up every morning with pain and was just taking my 2 Co/codemol and my Diazepam, but the pain as got to the stage where I am shaking and it seems to affect my Lips my tongue even my teeth like a hot trembling affect that starts my nerves off, This pain as been continus for over 2 years every morning ruling out IBS, I also suffer from Brochailitis,Pancreas defficency Diverticulitis and Gastric Reflux,Medication, Creon, Diazepam. Co/Codemol. Lansopresol Malcolm
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am sorry about your lower bowel pain.

Dr. David :

are you having constipation or small hard bits of stool? this can worsen diverticulitis pain.

Dr. David :

taking co/codemol can cause more constipation since this has codeine in it

Dr. David :

and so if you continue to take codeine and get constipated this will continue to worsen your diverticulosis.

Dr. David :

diverticulosis pain can be quite severe

Dr. David :

if you are having small hard bits of stool, you will need to take extra fiber and stool softeners (like Colace also called docusate sodium) and laxatives like miralax or senakott to help soften your stools so these hard bits of stool do not continue to cause diverticulosis pain.

Dr. David :

does this make sense?

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Customer:

Hi. Dr. David. The pain I have is on the right side lower bowel area . can you tell me why it would affect my mouth and how will I know if there is some thing serious going on, my stools change so often I have Diahrea at the moment yet I am still getting pain. Kind regards David