Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have a medical in the next three weeks, I took a drug test

I have a medical in the next three weeks, I took a drug test as a precaution, and it showed Benxos were present. This can only be the chlordiazepoxide (Librium) ?
Can you please vefify your previous answer ?
Expert:  Family Physician replied 2 years ago.
Chodiazepoxide is indeed a benzodiazepine. You would expect to have a positive test for approximately days.

Home tests can however give false positives for a variety of reasons. Standard drug tests done for employmnent and legal purposes are done with GC/MS confirmation which eliminates the problem with false positives.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

benzodiazepine. How long will it stay in my urine and blood please. I have heard this can be 5-6 weeks ? Is this true ?

Each benzodiazepine is different in the length of detection. Valium (diazepam) can theoretically be detected for more than 10 days after a single use and possibly as long as 30 days after long-term use.

Specifically for Chlordiazepoxide - 5 days for urine, and 2-3 days for blood would be reasonable ranges.