Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

What about alchohol ? How long can a week long binge take to

What about alchohol ? How long can a week long binge take to show up ?
I havea medical in 4-6 weeks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Well if we were talking measuring actual alcohol then it would only be detectable for about two hours after the last drink. But if its an ETG test to measure an alcohol metabolite that can be positive for up to 80 hours after the last drink
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Liver Function Test

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry Richard--not sure what you were asking there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

LFT is a Blood Test to see for alchohol abuse on the Liver.

As I don't drink each and every night, but in the last week consumed about 6 bottles of Vodka, Champagne and Brandy and wine. How long will it take My Liver to clear it ?

Is there anything I can take to speed up the process ?

I am told Milk Thistle may help.

This is the first bout of drinking I have had in 5 months

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. If someone drank heavily on a daily basis for over a week then the LFT's could be elevated and that would take at least two to four weeks of no alcohol for them to return to normal. And, no, nothing, including milk thistle, can speed up that process
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about Cannabis and Maijuana please

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
That's a separate question Richard. By JA rules you first have to rate my answer on this page and then ask me that on a new page just like you did here. If you start a new question page I'll need to know how much you use and how often and how long and if we're still talking about urine and blood tests