Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I was woken in the night by a sharp stomach pain and a pain

I was woken in the night by a sharp stomach pain and a pain on my back, just below shoulder blades. I couldn't sleep or lie still. Come morning I feel week but pain is much less. What is this?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Dr.Amita :

Dr.Amita :

Welcome to justanswer

Dr.Amita :

This pain can indicate cholecystitis that is inflammation in the gall bladder or acute pancreatitis.In both the conditions you need to see a doctor as an emergency.This needs to be investigated and treated as soon as possible.

Dr.Amita :

I am awaiting your reply

Dr.Amita :

Please respond

Customer: Thank you Dr. Amit. Would the pain diminish in morning with these conditions?
Dr.Amita :

Yes it can diminish but this does not mean that the condition does not need investigation or treatment.Condition still needs investigation and treatment.