Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

bowel leakage causing heameroid (Pile) type symptoms soreness

bowel leakage causing heameroid (Pile) type symptoms soreness itching sometimes bleeding around anus
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi ***** ask what you mean by bowel leakage and have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a couple of month ago I had been on anti biotics for cellulitis and after seemed to be left with soreness and sometimes leakage that burns and causes external bleeding as in piles he gave me Daktacort cream that sometims helps I can go 2 or 3 days okay then it comes back

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Ron but did your doctor check about the leakage as in a stool culture and may be considering a sigmoidoscopy--scoping of part of your colon and rectum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no he didn't, what do these symptoms suggest to you!

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well the leakage worries me since after the antibiotics you may have colitis--a colon infection--and that requires a different set of antibiotics. I'd get a stool culture and consider the scoping to look for that. As to what you can try now, I'd suggest taking a lactobacillus probiotic, dabbing your anus with witch hazel, and applying aloe vera lotion to the area.