Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had a severe sense of someone sitting in between my

I have had a severe sense of someone sitting in between my brests on and off for a month now and it hurts when u push in between the breasts and is very tender and I feel like I am permanently hunched as cant stretch. I also feel like I cant get enough air like it is being constricted. I also have pain between my shoulder blades and cant permanently feel my heart beating in my throat or hammering out of my chest and heart rate can sometimes reach 125bpm. I also feel like my left arm has been held up for hours it feels so heavy and useless. This has been diagnosed as tietzes as ekg, bloods, mri and chest xray came back clear last month but I feel it ia getting worse should I go to a&e or do you think it is just anxiety due to tietzes?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Hasan :

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you.

Dr. Hasan :

Your age and gender?

Dr. Hasan :

Please enter the chat to proceed.

Customer:

23 female

Dr. Hasan :

Thank you for your input.

Dr. Hasan :

I am so sorry to hear about your problem.

Dr. Hasan :

Have they given you any medicine for tietzes?

Customer:

Just ibruprofen and omeprazole for stomach pains due to the ibruprofen

Dr. Hasan :

Have they helped?

Dr. Hasan :

Has ibuprofen helped?

Dr. Hasan :

and for how long you took it?

Customer:

No not really i dont get a lot of pain apart from between my shoulder blades. The worst part is the tight feeling in my chest and the heart beating out of my chest. I have been taking them for a month

Dr. Hasan :

Thank you for your input.

Dr. Hasan :

You have given a very good description of your problem so I am going to answer your primary concerns but later you can ask anything you want.

Customer:

Ok thank you

Dr. Hasan :

No you don't need to go to A & E.

Dr. Hasan :

Your symptoms are absolutely consistent with anxiety and yes there are symptoms of tietzes as well.

Dr. Hasan :

The pain which is felt on pressing is never heart related.

Dr. Hasan :

This is a very basic medical thing.

Dr. Hasan :

I know you are feeling left side chest and left arm symptoms but most of the people with anxiety of heart problems do feel these symptoms commonly.

Dr. Hasan :

So this is one point that the diagnosis is correct and you don't have heart poblem.

Dr. Hasan :

problem.

Dr. Hasan :

Now the point is this that what you should do.

Dr. Hasan :

You should relax and should see your doctor by appointment,

Dr. Hasan :

You need to get treatment fr tietzes and you should take treatment for anxiety as well.

Dr. Hasan :

Once treated, you will be perfectly fine and back to the life :)

Dr. Hasan :

Are you on any treatment for anxiety?

Customer:

Not at the minute no

Dr. Hasan :

Then you should ask your doctor for that because they can help you a lot

Dr. Hasan :

Any further question in your mind?

Customer:

I think my main concern was that it was heart related as I am overweight however that has put my mind at rest a bit. What can I do mean time especially at night when I can feel my heart hammering out of my chest due to panicking about the tightness in my chest

Customer:

Because that is one of the worst parts

Dr. Hasan :

Well you can take the pain killer prescribed by your doctor.

Dr. Hasan :

If you don't have any then you can use over the counter tab Tylenol as it will not affect your stomach.

Dr. Hasan :

Lastly just relax and do breathing exercises by taking deep breaths

Dr. Hasan :

My best wishes and prayers are for you :)

Customer:

Thank you. Also are there any foods that aggrevate tietzes I have read numerous things

Dr. Hasan :

No food as such doesn't affect tietzes but food can affect acid reflux.

Dr. Hasan :

So avoid spicy foods, tea, coffee and alcohol.

Customer:

Ok perfect and can posture affect it?

Dr. Hasan :

No

Dr. Hasan :

Posture has nothing to do with it.

Customer:

Ok thank you. Is there anything else you can suggest apart from tylenol and omeprazole that will help with the burning just under my breasts which I presume is from the nsaid's

Dr. Hasan :

Yes you can use Syrup Gaviscon

Dr. Hasan :

2 table spoon thrice daily

Dr. Hasan :

and take sips of cold milk frequently.

Customer:

Ok thank you. Does heat or cold compressions help?

Dr. Hasan :

it neutralizes the acid.

Dr. Hasan :

Not really.

Dr. Hasan :

heating pads on chest can help.

Dr. Hasan :

but nothing to do with acid reflux.

Customer:

Sorry I meant for the chest pains. My apolgies

Dr. Hasan :

:)

Dr. Hasan :

Yes for chest heating pads will help

Dr. Hasan :

but ice will not

Customer:

Ok thank you and also will it ease up at all any time or can this go on for months?

Dr. Hasan :

No once you get over it, you will remain fine.

Dr. Hasan :

It will not keep recurring.

Customer:

And can this take a while to get over?

Dr. Hasan :

yes it will take a while

Dr. Hasan :

but don't worry you will be fine.

Customer:

And do things like stretching and I work typing a lot will this aggrevate it as I find its usually worse at night however recently has been nearly all day

Dr. Hasan :

stretching can aggravate it but typing can't.

Customer:

Ok perfect it is usually worse at night as I said would this be normal

Dr. Hasan :

yes pain can occur any time but actually anxiety usually kicks in at night.

Customer:

Ok so at the minute you would suggest taking the ibuprofen and either omeprazole or gaviscon and trying to take deep breaths for anxiety until I see a doctor?

Customer:

Is there any over the counter things that can help with the anxiety until I get to see one?

Dr. Hasan :

No I would advise to take 2 tablets tylenol thrice daily with omepazole and gaviscon

Dr. Hasan :

ibuprofen will aggravate the reflux.

Dr. Hasan :

Nothing over the counter is there for anxiety.

Customer:

Is the anxiety brought on just by the tietzes?

Dr. Hasan :

Well I would say yes

Dr. Hasan :

to some extent

Customer:

Ok thank you

Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer:

No I think that is all thank you for your help I will be sure to come back if I have any more queries

Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome :)

Dr. Hasan :

You can rate my answer at the given menu

Dr. Hasan :

Take care, it was nice talking to you

Dr. Hasan :

Bye

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry to bother you again however this has seemed to have gotten worse and now I feel extreme discomfort between my shoulder blades as well as tightness in chest is this normal

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Which medicine you are taking these days? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the reply. I am currently on 800mg slow release brufen with omeprazole and propanalol

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
The reason seems to be obvious. You must stop ibuprofen as it should not be taken while taking omeprazole. You should ask your doctor for other pain killers. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

And is this what is causing the extreme pain between my shoulder blades and making the chest tighter?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Possibly yes and when you visit doctor you should get EKG to be on safe side. This feeling has input from titzes as well. Heart issue is not likely. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is tietzes the most reasonable explanation for the tightness in chest and trouble breathing even though oxygen levels are in high 90's or do you think there is another diagnosis?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
I am really sorry but as per justanswer's policy, we need to start a new question to continue. You can ask new question at this link.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Please remember to mention, For only and only Dr Hasan, in the beginning of your question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So much for 'please ask more because your satisfaction is my goal'! No thank you I will not be asking another question as what I asked relates to the question I have already asked so I do not see the point of paying more money for the same question. Thanks for your help but I think its ridiculous I have to ask a new question about an ongoing question

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the inconvenience. I mentioned justanswers policy but in my personal capacity I will help you for your satisfaction. Yes tietzes is the most reasonable explanation for the tightness in chest and trouble breathing even though oxygen levels are in high 90's. Your EKG, chest x xay and other tests were clear so we can't think of any other cause. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I very much appreciate this and all of your help. Many thanks for this reply.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome :)