Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a sharing rash, folliculitis, (4 days) which today I

I have a sharing rash, folliculitis, (4 days) which today I began treating with Hydrocortisone cream 1%. My neck is red and lumpy feeling and intensely itchy. The cream is beginning to work (much less irritation) but I have two small (insect bite sized) lumps spots which had a small discharge and I am a little concerned that the cream might mask a bacterial infection and so I might require antibiotic cover. I am asymptomatic this a side. Can you advise please?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Can you please upload a picture of those lesions? You can do it as follows;
1. Click the paperclip icon
2. Click the Browse icon
3. Click the Browse button
4. Select your file and click Open
5. Click OK
6. Click Insert
7. Click Save Changes on this page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concerns but later you can ask anything you want. Yes you are right that hydrocortisone can mask the infection but you should continue it for 2 days. After 2 days, if the redness get further down you should stop it. You should start neosporin ointment (over the counter) twice daily as it will help you with the infection. As far as itching is concerned, you can take over the counter tab claritin once daily. If symptoms persist on 3rd day from now, you should see your doctor as you may need oral antibiotics. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards